The Economic Vitality Strategic Plan (EVSP) champions our local economy and works to create targeted, sustainable economic growth that will support and improve the quality of life for Ventura County residents while remaining responsive to the evolving needs and opportunities of the local economy.
The EVSP focuses on aligning and coordinating efforts between the County of Ventura, incorporated cities and economic development entities in order to:
- Maximize workforce readiness;
- Identify and grow key industries with the potential to create high-quality employment opportunities;
- Prioritize investment in infrastructure;
- Encourage and support entrepreneurial development;
- Address critical housing issues including affordability and lack of development;
- Improve transportation infrastructure;
- Increase access to broadband-related infrastructure;
- Improve and promote business-friendliness in the regulatory/permitting environment.